Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) Assessment
Our fully accessible assessment centre is open to all UK residents who are planning for Higher Education and require an assessment for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA). You can apply for a DSA to assist with costs or expenses which might be incurred during your study if you have a disability, including a long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia. We have a highly qualified and experienced team to support you throughout the process, and advise how you can best access your chosen course. We can provide assessments for all disabilities including:
- Specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or ADD/ADHD
- Asperger’s syndrome and other autism spectrum conditions
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia
- Long standing illnesses or health conditions such as epilepsy, cancer, HIV, diabetes, heart disease
- Physical impairment or mobility issues and multiple disabilities
How does the assessment process work?
- Obtain an eligibility letter from your Funding Body (Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, NHS Student Bursaries)
- Contact us at the Hereford Assessment Centre on 01432 376 635 or email email@example.com
- We will arrange an appointment with an assessor within 15 working days, and where possible within 10 working days
- When you receive your appointment, send us your eligibility letter and evidence of your disability. This must be done before attending your appointment
- Your assessment will take about 2 hours. The assessor will work with you to identify barriers to your education, training and potential employment and explore a range of support strategies, equipment and assistive technology.
- At the end of your assessment the assessor will summarise the support they will recommend in their report
- Within 10 working days of your assessment we will send your study needs report to your funding body. You can opt to see your report as either a draft copy before it is sent to the funding body, or the final version.
Your funding body will pay the fully inclusive assessment fee which covers all work required for the duration of your course of study. We will liaise with funding bodies, equipment and tutoring suppliers and your university or college in order to ensure your support needs are addressed fully, throughout your course.
Why choose Hereford Assessment centre?
- We are accredited by the DSA Quality Assurance Group, the national body that monitors and audits assessment centres to ensure high standards.
- We are a member of the National Network of Assessment Centres.
- We adopt a proactive approach and keep up–to-date with the latest assistive technologies and developments, and share and promote best practice within the sector.
- We are consistently awarded high scores at annual audit.
“An asset to the DSA community” (DSA Quality Assurance Group)
Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.